Nice 2010

Nice 2010

Maddy and Daddy with the New Bike

Maddy and Daddy with the New Bike
So proud!

My Favorite Photo of Kurt

My Favorite Photo of Kurt
See the Twinkle-Maddy on the left, Mia (niece) on the right

Drivng in Daddy's Car '93 and David Birthday Dinner '09

Drivng in Daddy's Car '93 and David Birthday Dinner '09

He was with them all the way...

He was with them all the way...
Here's Kurt--he was skating with the Hawks

Electricity Out in on Spring Avenue

Electricity Out in on Spring Avenue

Sunday, June 21, 2009

To All of Kurt's Friends

I'm on a blog role...but I just wanted to share my Deepest of Sympathy to all of Kurt's friends. Last week when the 1500+ people paid their respects to us, flying and driving in from around the country, I was in absolute shock. Kurt touched so many peoples' lives. He was friends with some of you for over 30-40 years whether it was from Homewood/Flossmoor OR 24 years +10 months (as I was informed by the HR dept.) at Salomon, Smith Barney, Travelers, Citi (did I name them all!). Some of you stood shoulder to shoulder with Kurt for 8+ hours a day for years, like brothers.

It breaks my heart to think about losing any of my friends, each and everyone of them are special in their own way, whether it's laughter, support, strength or fun. My heart is heavy for all of you, knowing you lost such a silly, goofy, smiley, grumpy, shakey, hard working, helpful, life-loving, dedicated friend--Kurt. I am so, so sorry. My friends are my pillars, I know you were his.

Thank you for loving him. He loved all of you too as you can read by his old posts. Thank you for your love and support for me and the children. The outpour of friends from all directions will keep us strong. And when we aren't strong, we know where to turn because friends are God's gifts.
xoxo

3 comments:

BigBroG said...

Still there for you and the kids, Jani. Do not hesitate to text or pick up the phone and call if you need help, just to hear a voice similar to Kurt's, or an ear to chat.

Love,

Greg

carla Inwood said...

I am so proud of you Jani, how lucky I am to have a wonderful daughter like you.
I know Kurt is hanging out with you at Mortons and watching over his terrific family.
I love you very much.
Mom
p.s. Thanks for the beautiful blogs,it is good therapy for ALL.

Kristin said...

As far as friends go... he was one of the greatest. Love you too, Jani. Glad you guys enjoyed your father's day steak.
stealing Monica's new Mantra, inspired by Kurt...
Live hard, Love well
Kristin