Nice 2010

Nice 2010

Maddy and Daddy with the New Bike

Maddy and Daddy with the New Bike
So proud!

My Favorite Photo of Kurt

My Favorite Photo of Kurt
See the Twinkle-Maddy on the left, Mia (niece) on the right

Drivng in Daddy's Car '93 and David Birthday Dinner '09

Drivng in Daddy's Car '93 and David Birthday Dinner '09

He was with them all the way...

He was with them all the way...
Here's Kurt--he was skating with the Hawks

Electricity Out in on Spring Avenue

Electricity Out in on Spring Avenue

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

latest - tuesday

This will be short (I doubt it)...Kurt is finishing up chemo tomorrow. He will receive the stem cells on Thursday morning. They took his feeding tube out which really irritates Nurse Betty since he won't get as much nutrition eating on his own versus the drip. I had some words with the doctors. When I'm on the news in handcuffs, you'll know why. They remarked, "oh, we can always put it back in.." Yeah, that's easy to do when someone doesn't have an immune system and could bleed to death. (Am I being sarcastic?) Thank God Carol White (the nurse practitioner was standing by and overheard the conversation and said, "Jani's right."--shocking no one ever listens to me!) I told them that I would like to make the health decisions since Kurt is heavily medicated and as Kurt has remarked, "I have chemo brain." Sorry, Kurt. Remember, I am the drill sergeant and cheerleader. Don't make me bring a whip and Pom Pons! LOL. This would be a problem at U of C with rotating doctor staffs--not all the information gets passed on from one group to the next.

Happy to report as of one minute ago, Kurt actually drank via mouth some Ensure last night and this morning. This is great since two weeks ago he remarked, "I'm not drinking that ----!" Also, if you visit Kurt, please bring a milkshake, we have a protein powder in the room that can be mixed in the milkshake.

All I can say is thank heavens for my zoloft!
Keep the faith, jani


5 comments:

Kristin said...

Sounds like you all are doing a good job there. Yes - keep the faith. And attempt to keep the sanity as well. Love you all sooooo much! One week from the transplant I'll be there.

kurt bodell said...

Kris, It's too late, the sanity is gone! xxoo jani fyi, I revised the blog--forgot my pom pons!

BigBroG said...

God bless you, Kurt. I will miss you terribly.

Love always,

Greg

SJB said...

You're all in my thoughts and prayers.

kbuck said...

To Kurt's family - I am so thankful to have known Kurt since High School. I'm greatful I got see Kurt again 2 years ago at the NASCAR race get together at Kevin Fannings house. I know your loss is unimaginable. Kurt and you, his family, are in the hearts, minds and prayers of people all of the country that were blessed to have known him.

Kurt, I'll see you later.

Kevin Buckley, San Diego CA by way of HF '74