Nice 2010

Nice 2010

Maddy and Daddy with the New Bike

Maddy and Daddy with the New Bike
So proud!

My Favorite Photo of Kurt

My Favorite Photo of Kurt
See the Twinkle-Maddy on the left, Mia (niece) on the right

Drivng in Daddy's Car '93 and David Birthday Dinner '09

Drivng in Daddy's Car '93 and David Birthday Dinner '09

He was with them all the way...

He was with them all the way...
Here's Kurt--he was skating with the Hawks

Electricity Out in on Spring Avenue

Electricity Out in on Spring Avenue

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Kurt

Tommorrow is Kurt's birthday. I can't believe it. Last year at this time he was summoned back to the hospital for a grueling few weeks. The nurses and family did their best to keep him positive and have a great weekend. Thank God all of his family came to town.

A couple weeks ago I had to pull disability papers with info on Kurt's hospital stays and medications. I miss him terribly, his immaturity, even the disgusting, irritating burps at the table or the constant whip lash in the car (just for the record--not the snoring, I actually am sleeping sound!). However, what Kurt had to go through to try to stay on this earth woud blow your minds. He was so very ill and took so much medication. What if he survived that last treatment? The thought of him going through ALL that again, gives me strength each day, just knowing he won't ever suffer again.

Even as sick as he was, he was silly. I laugh when I think of a day last May when he said, "God take me." He pulled the covers up to his chin like a little kid. He looked over at me, peeking over the sheets and said, "I'm still here, what's the deal, he's not taking me." Later that day he called me and said, "I'm still here." I said, "Can't you figure it out, he doesn't want you yet. It's not your turn. You have to stick around a little longer."

When you miss him, think of those funny Kurt stories. Please share. We could all use a few laughs! Happy Birthday Kurt. Hope you get your Lambourgini in heaven! I saw one yesterday in the lot on Ogden Ave. and thought of you, again. xoxoxo Go Hawks!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ride On Linkage! Happiest Guy in America!!!